What are the best security plugins for WordPress? WordPress is the most popular CMS for creating a website. Configured by default, a WordPress site is vulnerable in several aspects and the popularity of the CMS leads to regular attacks.
For the proper functioning, security, performance, and durability of a WordPress site, regular site maintenance is required, which requires technical knowledge and many hours of work.
Here is a selection of the best WordPress security plugins:
Wordfence Security is one of the most used WordPress plugins. It comes in a free or premium version starting at $99 per year.
Easy to use, it provides powerful protection tools, including:
- Login security features.
- Security incident recovery tools.
- An overview of general traffic trends and hacking attempts.
- Firewall blocks.
- Protection against brute force attacks.
Sucuri Security is a very popular WordPress security plugin thanks to all the functions it offers. There is a free version or a paid version, which allows you to add a website firewall.
Easy and complete, this is what this WordPress plugin offers:
- Firewall health monitoring.
- Malware analysis.
- Security hardening.
- Blacklist tracking.
- Security procedures after a hack.
- Website firewall (paid version).
MalCare is the WordPress security plugin that saves time!
Regarding security, MalCare allows:
- Automatic removal of malware (viruses, bad actors, etc.).
- The protection of the site against their servers.
- 24/7 site protection thanks to a powerful firewall.
- Blocking any IP address reported as malicious by sites on the network.
There is a free version, with basic security, or a pro version, starting at $52 per year, which gives access to many features:
- Security and expiration of passwords.
- Two-factor authentication.
- User action logs.
- WordPress security keys.
- Prevention of a brute force attack.
- Analysis function to identify any potential vulnerability to an attack.
- Help to repair problems quickly.
- Strengthens server security.
- Immediate notification in the event of a problem or potential threat.